Home » Other » General » A product for connectivity (Data access between different databases and platfoems.
A product for connectivity (Data access between different databases and platfoems. [message #365394] Sun, 19 April 1998 08:33 Go to next message
REHA ARGAC
Hi,
My company develops applications on MVS using Db2, unix using Sybase and DB2-6000, NT using Oracle.
As a dba, with the demand of developers, I'm searching for a product which can provide to access data between those different db's and platforms, to make queries and get the results to the desired platform and db. Also for some applications, they want to capture the changes online on DB2 and get the the results on sybase and oracle, for example. But in DB2, the trigger mechanism is not supported. Both using SNA Server, and/or TCP/IP connection, I'm looking for middleware like solutions. The performance, avalibility and cost is important for us. I examined several products. If there is anyone who can inform me about such solutions and products, I'll be highly appreciated.
Thanks...
Re: A product for connectivity (Data access between different databases and platfoems. [message #365635 is a reply to message #365394] Mon, 17 May 1999 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Donald Grinsell
Have you checked out TXSeries from IBM-Transarc? We don't have all of the databases you have, however, we are putting it up on an AIX box specifically for the purpose of communications between our MF based CICS applications and distributed Oracle servers. The product runs on AIX or NT and worked very well in our trial.
Re: A product for connectivity (Data access between different databases and platfoems. [message #365636 is a reply to message #365635] Mon, 17 May 1999 11:47 Go to previous message
Donald Grinsell
The url for TXSeries is:

http://www.software.ibm.com/ts/txseries/
Previous Topic: Y2K & Recovery
Next Topic: Megapatches on 10.7 NCA - Do you or don't you!?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:27:34 CDT 2024