Home » Other » Training & Certification » Oracle Developer job query
Oracle Developer job query [message #577941] Fri, 22 February 2013 00:02 Go to next message
Bagheera
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently an engineer in a non-database (non-IT) field. Last year I learned SQL, PL/SQL, Forms and Reports and was able to obtain my OCP certificate. My plan is to move into the IT field as there are more opportunities therein.

I'm looking for some guidance in transitioning into an Oracle Developer. My current work does not provide me with any database exposure. When I look for jobs as an Oracle developer, most companies need at least 2-3 years of experience for a candidate to even apply.

So I'm in a catch-22 situation. I can't apply for a job as I don't have any live project experience and to get this project experience I need to have a job as a developer!!

It will be great if anyone provide some useful suggestions as to my options to get a job or some live experience that could help me ultimately get a job.

Thanks so much.
Bagheera.
Re: Oracle Developer job query [message #577948 is a reply to message #577941] Fri, 22 February 2013 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
My first job with computers was driving the van that delivered them. And that was with a degree and everything. After I'd done that for a while without breaking anything, I was allowed to start plugging them together and switching them on. And so on.
You are unlikely to go straight into programming work, apply for anything in an IT firm, and take it from there.
Good luck.
Re: Oracle Developer job query [message #578023 is a reply to message #577941] Fri, 22 February 2013 19:31 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

This is a common question and one I wrote an article about some time ago. The title of the article is about getting an Oracle DBA position, but most of the content is appropriate for an Oracle developer as well.

http://ezinearticles.com/?id=7057698
Previous Topic: Test Cases
Next Topic: Online Oracle 11gR2 RAC DBA Training -Instructor lead
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:13:37 CDT 2024