Home » Server Options » Replication » GoldenGate sequences identity columns (19.x)
GoldenGate sequences identity columns [message #683455] Mon, 18 January 2021 10:53
John Watson
I am not clear on how (or if) GoldenGate supports replication of sequences and identity columns. This article,

Does Goldengate support capture from Identity columns (Doc ID 2090832.1)

saysQuote:
Only RDBMS 18.x and above with OGG v18 and above supports replication for identity columns.
Allows for bidirectional replication of identity columns from OGG v18 and above
If the target column is an identity column, OGG replicate will overwrite the target using the value from the source
which implies that you can have bidirectional replication, though I do not understand the third point.

However, this doc

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/goldengate/core/19.1/oracle-db/1-understanding-whats-supported.html#GUID-729A494B-5F5A-4AF6-804 6-62C1AC48BBFC

says this for identity columnsQuote:
Oracle GoldenGate supports the replication of sequence values and identity columns in a uni-directional and active-passive high-availability configuration.
and this for sequences,Quote:
Oracle GoldenGate does not support the replication of sequence values in an active-active bi-directional configuration.
So which is it? Uni-directional or bi-directional?

I can (just about) see how bi-directional might be possible using the scalable sequence option, but that is not mentioned anywhere.

So, can GoldenGate replicate sequences in an active-active configuration? Thank you for any insight.

Previous Topic: Help In hierarchy query
Next Topic: Dwonstream extract checkpoint growing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:27:06 CDT 2024