Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » PDF indexing problem
PDF indexing problem [message #75893] Wed, 28 November 2001 11:18 Go to next message
Giovanni Grimoldi
I'm evaluating Oracle Intermedia. I'm working on an Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 EE on Windows 2000 Pro SP2.
I created a simple table with a bfile column to point to file system files. I inserted first Word2000 (.doc) documents, indexed them and then search without problems. The same thing using Excel2000 (.xls) docs. But when I tried with PDF docs I had a problem: indexing complete correctly (DR$INDEX_ERROR is empty), but when I try to search (using CONTAINS) I have "no rows found" result (naturally I'm using words contained in to the PDF doc!). PDF files are version 1.2 and I tried with PDF documents written in Italian (my language) and English, but with same results. After indexing .doc or .xls and observing DR$myindex$I I can see the tokens I expected. But when I observe that table after pdf indexing I see only sequences of strange chars.
What is wrong ? Oracle documentation is very poor!
Could anyone help me ?
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: PDF indexing problem [message #75965 is a reply to message #75893] Tue, 16 July 2002 23:38 Go to previous message
Olu Bolumole
Hello,
I am sorry but i have no answers for you in that regard. I am also evaluating intermedia but at the moment i am populating the database with xml docs. I was wondering if you could point me to relevant documents (articles, journals, reports, essays etc not Oracle docummentation) that are on evaluating Intermedia.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Previous Topic: Error on create index ... index type is ctxsys.context
Next Topic: Re: Help w/study questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:21:41 CDT 2024