Home » Other » General » can you install oracle on an external harddrive?
can you install oracle on an external harddrive? [message #102191] Fri, 22 March 2002 06:19 Go to next message
mathias craig
i would like to install oracle on an external drive so that i can port it between two computers. is this possible to do without installing oracle on the second computer? in other words, can i install it on one computer with the hard drive connected and then move the drive to another computer that does not have oracle installed on it and use it? i have been trying this without any success.

thanks.

mathias
Re: can you install oracle on an external harddrive? [message #102192 is a reply to message #102191] Fri, 22 March 2002 11:28 Go to previous message
Grant
For windows no. You would have to move registry entries and make sure your program group is set up on both. I don't see it.

You could:

Install the client on the external drive on the first client. Remove the external and connect to the second client. Format the external drive. Install on the second client with the same options and directories on the external drive as the first. Now you would have all your files on the external drive and the registry and Program Files would be set for both clients. That may work. If you ever changed anything you would have to do it to both machines.
Previous Topic: Oracle upgrade 8.1.5 to 8.1.7 how?
Next Topic: Re: Required OCP paper on Oracle 8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:58:30 CDT 2024