Home » Other » General » Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could
Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could [message #102533] Thu, 11 July 2002 09:09 Go to next message
Ranga
Hi,
I am trying to run one of my application which talks to the Database which is remotely located .
I am getting the following error

Error:
Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Oracle is 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 8 platform.
I can do an SQLPLUS and the connection is ok.
From my application I tried to echo the DB_URL which had the following output

jdbc:oracle:thin:@Box1:1521:sid1

Box1 is were the Datbase resides. The Db_user and Db_password are also set in the .login of the user which the application can see.

I don't know were the problem is ?
Can any body help me out.
Thanks
Ranga
Re: Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter co [message #102534 is a reply to message #102533] Thu, 11 July 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Has this ever worked? If sqlplus works I would say your port is incorrect for the jdbc connection. When you are able to connect with sqlplus it says your listener is running and the database is up. Make sure your port is correct, your LD_LIBRARY, CLASSPATH is set. Take a look at "Identifying Connection String Problems in JDBC Driver" in Meta Link.
Re: Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter co [message #102687 is a reply to message #102533] Mon, 26 August 2002 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bala
Hi, I fased the same problem once, after starting my oracle lsnrctl it solved.

It may help you.
Re: Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter co [message #102690 is a reply to message #102533] Tue, 27 August 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugh Saunders
I was having this problem under Linux and it came down to a hostname mismatch - the DNS resolved correctly, but the result from the hostname had a different domain name. Solution was to update the hostname to match DNS and restart.
Re: Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter co [message #103047 is a reply to message #102690] Wed, 22 January 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bharath
Hi,

I'm new to linux could u pls explain me how to configure the hostname to match DNS?

TIA
Bharath.
Re: Failed to make database connection: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter co [message #103181 is a reply to message #102533] Wed, 26 February 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roland
I had the same problem. This was caused because I had the wrong DB name in my connection string. I fixed it by using the SID name as the DB name.
Hostname [message #103354 is a reply to message #103047] Thu, 26 June 2003 04:12 Go to previous message
Peter Saitz
# hostname the_name_you_like
e.g.
# hostname mymachine.anywhere.net
or if you are running RedHat-Linux use
# linuxconf
Previous Topic: Problem: Import in relaese 8.1.5 while it exported from 8.1.6 error case statement
Next Topic: UTL_FILE packge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:39:07 CDT 2024