Home » Other » General » Multiple Oracle Installations on the 1 Machine
Multiple Oracle Installations on the 1 Machine [message #103496] Mon, 17 November 2003 20:05 Go to next message
Evan Briggs
Currently I have multuple Oracle installations on the one machine. These installations house the same application at different development stages.

The application is highly date driven and each of the different installations requires a different system date for testing purposes.

If anyone knows of an easy work around, please help me.
Re: Multiple Oracle Installations on the 1 Machine [message #103497 is a reply to message #103496] Mon, 17 November 2003 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeep
Hi,

The best work around is to have a table which stores a date field.(say application date). Use this date in your application instead of sysdate. Updating the application date in the table can be a oracle job which does this every night and it can be an end of day(EOD) process.

Regards,
Pradeep
Thanks Pradeep [message #103498 is a reply to message #103497] Tue, 18 November 2003 23:03 Go to previous message
Evan Briggs
Thanks for you help. We had already come up with that idea. We would use an offset from the actual system date.

The problem is that the application is made up of over 700 forms, over 150 reports and web pages including ASPs. The work involved in changing every SYSDATE to the other function call is massive.

I was hoping that there was a setting within the oracle product that would provide an offset to the actual system date. I know it can be done using 9AS but we are using 8i and won't be upgrading for a while.

Again, thanks for you input.
Previous Topic: Batch inserting Serialized date into a BLOB
Next Topic: database modelling techniques for object-relational databases?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:55:07 CDT 2024